The season sandwiched between hot sun and freezing soil is an important one when it comes to preserving a healthy, vibrant landscape. Perhaps you think of October and November as a time to just watch the leaves fall and take a break from tedious lawn care. However, fall is just the right time to take care of some necessary yard cleanup. Neglecting your lawn during the fall can produce unexpected repercussions in the spring. Here is 5 yard clean up tips to take care of this Fall:
- Fertilize – After the summer heat, it’s time to replenish your soil’s nutrients with fertilizer. This is best done early in the fall to ensure the nutrients are fully absorbed.
- Aerate – Do you have areas of matted grass or thinning soil? Consider aerating your lawn to encourage new growth. Aerating can effectively add oxygen and enhance nutrient circulation in the soil.
- Reseed and Replant – Now is the time to level your lawn, loosen your soil and do any necessary reseeding. Reseeding and replanting in the fall will ensure that roots and bulbs are secure through the winter and ready for spring blooming.
- Rake – Raking leaves is perhaps the most well known fall landscaping job. However, remember that you are not raking leaves to simply provide more aesthetic appeal, but your lawn needs to be cleared so that heavy leaves do not suffocate the plants and grass.
- Mow – Crank up your mower one last time before winter temperatures set in and enjoy your break until spring.
If you are not up for the task of cleaning up your yard this fall, you can ask a professional from Pannone’s Lawn Pros & Landscaping to help. We offer a full range of year-round lawn maintenance services as well as a one time yard clean up service to take the workload off your hands. These simple Fall lawn clean up tips can create the perfect haven for your family to fully enjoy your outdoor space.
Posted on behalf of
1444 Buford Hwy
Cumming, GA 30041
Phone: (678) 294-0351
Monday - Saturday 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM